Business Spanish Online
After teaching Spanish to foreign students since 1996, the Centro de Enseñanza de Español in the South of Spain has developed a concept to be able to reach out to students all over the world. To let them benefit from their excellent and proficient way of teaching, from the comfort of their own homes
Advantages of learning Spanish for commercial students with us:
- Learn to speak, understand, write and read Spanish fast in a fun & proficient way
- Personal online evaluations with your Spanish native teacher to evaluate your results, send feedback, help you with the pronunciation, and to keep you motivated and disciplined during the course
- Access to Virtual Campus with interactive learning materials, forums, chat, email, calendar, library
- A pleasant modern communicative method
- You can lean in your own time and pace, from any location in the world where there is access to the internet
- You can start as a complete beginner, but also participate if you already have knowledge of the language
- No need to download any programs on your computer, Ipad, tablet or smart phone
- Our teachers speak English
- For students worldwide, from any place where there is access to the internet
Spanish Online for Commercial Students
The student will get access to their personal learning environment where he or she will find:
- Interactive learning materials (animated, highly visual presentations, texts, video’s, photo’s, podcasts, quizzes, online workshops and tests)
- Online Library
- Forum & Chat
- Lists with vocabulary
- Online Calendar to schedule the online evaluations with the teacher
- Personal Computer
- Speakers & Camera
- Access to Virtual Campus
Our educational platform allows students to:
- Be in touch with their teacher and take actively part to the Forum and Chat, to send direct messages and ask questions
- Access grammatical documents and explanatory pictures of specific grammatical topics at the online library
- Realize interactive vocabulary exercises, perform witten tasks and create podcasts
- View educational videos in order to consolidate contents
- Learn about the Spanish and Latin American culture and history, along with useful expressions
The Spanish native teachers are qualified and experienced in teaching Spanish as a second language online, speak fluent English and at at least one other foreign language.
What Does the Online Classroom Look Like?
Our philosophy for designing online courses: use the latest technology to best deliver the content in the most flexible way while keeping the technology transparent to you. We use one centralized platform where you can log into your classroom. There you can get assignments, interact with the teacher, reply to message boards, and more.
Our courses are created by our team of experienced Spanish teachers, along with professional instructional designers to ensure a learning experience that is tailored to the subject matter and the expected learning outcomes. We approach the development of our online courses very seriously, so that they mirror the exact same quality content as you would find at a physical educational institute.
To help you prepare for the online course, we provide a document with instructions and explanatory video.
How Do I Interact with my personal teacher?
We strive to provide a variety of mainstream technology tools so that you can interact easily with your teacher. These include:
- Zoom, for the online evaluations
- Email & Chat
- Discussion forums
How Flexible is the Course Schedule?
Our courses are designed with your busy schedule in mind, providing the flexibility you need to study at the times most convenient to you. The courses are structured for asynchronous learning to provide maximum flexibility for the adult learner. Only the one-on-one evaluations with the teachers need to be scheduled in advance, at a fixed time, in the Online Calendar.
All of your course activities, assignments, and exams, however, must be completed by their respective due dates. The length of our Online Course Spanish for Commercial Students is 12 weeks.
What is the Time Commitment?
Students enrolled in one of our courses have reported spending approximately 2 to 3 hours per week on readings and assignments for a 12-week course Spanish for Commercial Students.
Our contents Spanish for Commercial Students – Level A1
The A1 level accredits the sufficient linguistic competence to understand and use daily expressions frequently used in any part of the Spanish-speaking world, aimed at satisfying immediate needs; asking and giving basic personal information about yourself and daily life and interacting on a basic level with speakers, whenever they are speaking slowly and clearly and are willing to cooperate.
To achieve all the objectives considered, a series of different skills are dealt with. Virtual Spanish for Commercial Students is always guided by the principles shown in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and according to the guidelines of the Instituto Cervantes. Expressions and vocabulary commonly used by commercial staff are integrated in the course materials.
The students have to be able to master different skills included in each one of the levels for the categories: understanding, speaking, and writing. The understanding category includes the listening and Reading comprehension skills. The speaking category includes the oral interaction and oral expression skills and the writing category includes the writing expression skill.
Our courses are integrated in a user friendly learning environment, with a clear GUI (graphical user interface) and a fluid browsing. The students can access all the contents in various contexts and situations (ubiquitous learning), using computers, tablets, or even smartphones. This way the student can be the master of his own progression.
12-week Online Course for Commercial Students:
- 03 Unidades (A1.1)
- 12 Lessons
The student studies 1 lesson each week, and makes an appointment after finishing each lesson for evaluation with the Spanish teacher in Spain (ca. 25/30 minutes). During the evaluation the teacher will help the student with the pronunciation. After the online evaluation the student will receive feedback by email, a grade and, if necessary, advise to study extra materials.
The student will also be guided offline; will have to send in written assignments, make small exams and send in podcasts.
During the online evaluations the teacher is able to share his screen with the student, and evaluate the students knowledge of the leccion studied using texts, video’s and photo’s.
Learning the Spanish language this way follows the concept of Flipped Classroom-learning. The students studies the content using the newest teaching techniques in his or her own time and pace, and then schedules the private online lesson with the teacher. All our teachers speak good English, but will only use it if necessary. We offer a communicative way of learning, that enables the student to practise speaking skills from the start. Integrated in the lessons is information about Spanish speaking countries, their cultures and history.
After completing the course the student will receive a certificate.